Over the weekend we headed to beautiful Lake Claiborne in north Louisiana to do a Gerber Gator Machete Pro review. The Gerber Gator Machete Pro 31-000705 is an odd shaped machete like you may have never seen before. Out from its handle is a 10.5 inch blade that has a slight concave curve to it. Then the blade flattens out on the end. As you work your way around to the back side of the blade it rolls into a hook that is sharpened along its entire 180 cutting surface.
What makes the Gerber Gator Machete Pro especially unique, aside from its already unique appearance, is that it can perform many more functions than an ordinary machete.
- it’s light enough for small brush, but has enough head weight to function as an axe
- the end of the Machete Pro can be used as a hammer for things like nailing tent stakes
- the hook on the other side of the blade not only clears brush, but it can be used for things like debarking branches and sharpening spears
- God forbid, but the big flat surface of the blade can be heated and used to cauterize wounds to stop bleeding
- it has a safety restraint on the handle that you wrap around your hand during use. This not only makes it safer to use but also reduces hand fatigue
I decided to use the Gerber Gator Machete Pro 31-000705 to chop a stump with a 3 inch diameter. Once I got started on the stump it pretty much became the project at hand, and I didn’t stop until the machete had annihilated it completely. Here’s the video that shows the review and the Machete Pro in action.
Gerber Gator Machete Pro Review
Thank you for reading and watching the Gerber Gator Machete Pro Review. Now, please comment and tell me what uses you have for your Machete Pro?
• click here to buy Gerber Gator Machete Pro 31-000705 from Gerber-Tools.com for $38.99